Saturday, July 27, 2013

summer sickness slow down

It's never fun getting sick, but a nasty cold in the summertime really stinks.  Especially when the weather is great, all your friends are inviting you to the beach, you have baskets of produce to harvest from your garden, and tons of Kaye Rachelle orders to ship out.  But somehow it's the days that you are not feeling 100% that you are reminded just how awesome feeling awesome feels.

And for me, it was a time to think about all the fun, summertime goodness left.  It is, after all, only still July.

Here's my list of top ten things left to do this summer:

1/ Chin on the Tank's annual Babe on the Back Beach Ride (with my man, naturally)
2/ Catching another outdoor movie with friends during The Awesome Fest film series
3/ Going to the Philadelphia Museum of Art for their pay-what-you-wish Wednesday evenings & catching the end of their Photogravure: Master Prints from the Collection exhibition (ends August 11th!)
4/ More adult swim evenings at my local public pool, followed by beers at The Abbaye
5/ Picnic at Race Street Pier
6/ A pedicure, for crying out loud
7/ Ordering more seeds and planting my Fall garden
8/ Building myself a screen-printing exposure unit
9/ Getting up-to-date with my handmade annual photo albums 
10/ A Brooklyn friends reunion in Northern California and Oregon at the end of August . . . the perfect way to end summer

This list is making me feel better already.

~ Bonnie


  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments: