Thursday, July 18, 2013

saying goodbye to kaye rachelle designs


Sometimes, it's really hard to walk away.  Especially when you walk away from something that is pretty amazing.  That's how I have felt the past few months, and particularly today, as my design partner & I announce the ceasing of our collaboration, Kaye Rachelle.

We've been co-designing and co-creating textiles & housewares under our label for 3 years now.  It has been an incredible journey of learning, discovery, trial & error, extremely hard work, and friendship.  I have learned so much about business, product production, marketing, and commitment.  I developed a love of working with retailers, such as Art Star here in Philly & Homebody Boutique in Brooklyn, with their constant encouragement and feedback.
And I met so many fellow artisans along the way, who provided much insight on selling handmade work and how they live off of creating what they love.

While I will look back on my experience with Kaye Rachelle so fondly, it was time for a personal change.  A chance to work independently and to start fresh with new ideas.  I am scared of the unknown, but just as excited about it, too.

I can't thank all of my friends, family, supporters, & customers enough.  And on that note, please enjoy massive discounts at our online shop as we clear out inventory and get ready for exciting new work ahead.

Photos by Courtney Apple / Styled by Hannah Lowman

~ Bonnie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments: