Wednesday, June 5, 2013

handmade photo albums

A few weeks ago, my husband mentioned how much he loved our annual handmade photo albums.  He told me how he recently pulled them all out, and admired photo by photo all of our adventures we have had together over the years.  The guilt, however, immediately set it because, well, I was a bit behind in creating them.  Make that 3 years behind.

So I dug through my digital photos, and narrowed down each year into about 40 photos.  Next came out the paper, binder's board, glue, and thread, and before I knew it, I was elbow deep in some coptic stitch binding.

I still have a ways to go, and as I begin to take more daily pics on my phone, I'm eager to see how that will effect my albums.  Thanks to Instagram, maybe my future albums will be square.  (Any recommendations for good ways to get Instagram pics printed??)  Either way, I'm happy to have such a physical and personal way to store and share all these monumental and mundane moments of our life.  Sometimes, digital just doesn't cut it.


~ Bonnie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments: