Tuesday, April 29, 2014

TRAVELS TO AUSTIN


It's been almost two weeks now since we've returned from our short vacation to Austin, Tx and I just can't stop thinking about the trip.  That city sure does have its hold on me.  I knew I would like Austin, given all the hype I've heard and read about, not to mention how much I've been missing the South during this god-awful long winter, but I had no idea I would love it so much.  Love it in that never-make-me-leave, don't-make-me-go-back-to-Philly sort of way.  From our airstream hotel to tacos to tattoos, it was a blast the whole way through.  All I know is, I can't wait to return.

Here
are our Austin highlights:

Saturday / We arrived just in time to soak in the last couple hours of the Handbuilt Motorcycle Show / Oil and Ink Print Expo.  My man and I were in design heaven.  And the night kept getting better, first with discovering an In-N-Out for a late night dinner, then with our fantastic Airbnb Airstream find in the North Loop.  

 
Sunday / Our first mission for the day was to scout out some yummy breakfast tacos, so we made our way over to Taco Deli.  With bellies full of queso and taco goodness, we strolled through the nearby Zilker Botanical Gardens before taking a dip in the natural Barton Springs Pool for a mere $3.  We explored the funky antique shops along South Congress Street, including the highly recommended Uncommon Objects and Off the Wall.


Monday / We woke up to pouring rain, so we opted for a super fascinating and educational indoor activity - a stroll through the LBJ Presidential Library.  We cozied up at the East Side Show Room for a few cocktails before catching some live music and two-stepping at the nearby The White Horse.


Tuesday / Slept in, grabbed some pre-ink bbq and arrived at our tattoo appointments at Mom's Tattoos on S. Lamar that we had made the day before.  While in our post-tattoo high, we drank at the ever-romantic outdoor bar at Hotel San Jose as the sun set.  And finally, we watched a gazillion bats fly out from under the Congress Avenue bridge as we said goodnight and goodbye to Austin.


(But not for long, I hope.)   

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments: