Friday, March 29, 2013

gathering inspiration

This week, I took on the task of giving my current inspiration board in my studio a facelift.  Having a large, visual area of tactile inspiration is really important to me, as it is to most artists.  My current board was too small and not magnetized. 

The shape of my board mimics a large mirror that we have hanging in our loft.  First, I painted 4 layers of magnetic paint.  Next, I painted 2 layers of chalkboard paint.  Finally, using some acrylic laying around my studio, I painted a faux, trompe l'oeil frame around the board.  I'm super happy with the results, and now I have plenty of room to hang, draw, & write.  Now, I just need to buy more magnets . . .  

Before I decided on my design, I found many other inspiring and lovely inspiration/mood boards online, which you can find below after the jump.






























Thanks to Pinterest, I discovered tons of inspiration boards, many which were works of art all on their own.  You can find many of these discoveries here.

Images via (right to left, top to bottom) unknown, Cynthia Warren Design, unknown, & Smitten Studio