Thursday, March 13, 2014

RIFLE PAPER CO. GOES LETTERPRESS

My favorite go-to paper shop, Rifle Paper Co., just released six lovely letterpress cards last week.  Welcome to the world of letterpress, Rifle.  This is so exciting!  They look so pretty -- and I bet they feel even better.  
In case you live in a printmaking hole, letterpress is a relief printing method that inks the surface of an image on a flat bed, then presses the paper onto the inked design.  The pressure of the printing allows for the print to be embossed.  This video by Naomie Ross sums up the old school process in a beautiful way.   



It's a pretty sexy way of printing, with some pretty seductive results.  I wish I had done more letterpress in grad school, but it's never too late, right?  Until then, I'll grab some of these Rifle cards.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments: