Wednesday, May 1, 2013

making art daily

I've been feeling rusty lately, artistically rusty.  I don't doubt my creative powers, but I feel my hand longing for more direct contact on paper.  Like most anything that one wants to be or stay good at, one must continually practice and exercise that skill.  While my hands stay quite busy as a teaching artist or on freelance projects, I fear of losing some of my skill-set unless I incorporate personal daily artmaking back into my routine.

This week marks that start.  Along with my morning coffee or evening tea, I am aiming to draw, paint, sketch, or print my way back into total connection with the thing I love most.

And if you are in the same boat and could use some studio kickstarting, I highly recommended the book, Let's Make Some Great Art by Marion Deuchar.  While it's kid focused, it's completely adult-friendly, giving you refreshing ways to get your creative juices flowing.