Tuesday, April 2, 2013

proud mary textiles


I am always greatly moved by businesses that empower and connect with the humanity of our world.  Every dollar we spend sends a message.  And the older I get, the more I value where every dollar gets spent.

That's just one of the many reasons why I have fallen head over heals with Proud Mary Textiles.  Based out of Charleston, SC, owner Harper Poe works with artisans around the globe to create fair trade textiles and accessories.  The pillows and totes are my favorite, while woven wedges and dresses were recently added to her new collection - just in time for spring.  

Products are available to order online.  While I haven't seen much of Proud Mary here in Philly, I did spy a tote at Vagabond on 3rd St in Old City.  Keep your eye out for their signature colorful tassels.