Monday, September 8, 2014

INTRODUCING BONNIE KAYE STUDIO

I can't believe that we are already knee deep into September.  How on earth did that happen?!  I'm sure you are like me - still in the glow of the craziness and laziness of summertime, and not quite ready to pull out sweaters and boots (ok, maybe a little ready!).

Looking back, I feel pretty pleased to have accomplished so much this summer here in Philly, including painting a mural on a shipping container at the Spruce Street Harbor Park and working with Mural Arts youth to design and paint neighborhood-based patterned murals along Pearl Street in Callowhill.  Most of all, I was thrilled to get my act together in my studio and release a small, limited-edition batch of screen-printed textiles under the label, Bonnie Kaye Studio.  These linen products, mainly housewares and totes, were inspired by my love of gardening, patterns, and dinner-parties.  And all designs are named after some of my closest girlfriends - those that helped to fuel the fire for my studio endeavors.  I invite you to check out some of my favorites below, including cocktail napkins, placemat/napkins combos, and throw pillows, or go straight to my online shop to view the whole collection.


More designs and color-combos will be released each season.  It's a simple start in the direction of my love of printmaking and textiles, and I'm really excited to see where it takes me. 

If you are local, look for me at Clover Market this Sunday in Chestnut Hill 10am-5pm, where I will be selling my textiles alongside the talent paper artist, Made by Liddy.      

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments: