Thursday, June 13, 2013

mary temple and her light



I've been a fan of Mary Temple since 2007 when she had a residency at the Lower East Side Print Shop in New York City, where I was living at the time.  I purchased one of her prints for a mere $5 through the print shop's annual limited-edition special occasion card series (and there are some still available here).  It remains one of my favorite pieces of artwork that I own, and every time I look at it, I am overwhelmed by a sense of quiet calm and peace.   

In preparation for our beach vacation next week, I can't help but visualize Temple's work and use it as inspiration for my mindset.  I want to be present, calm, relaxed, and content.  I want solitude and a time for reflection.  I want to be still.  

Images via Mary Temple; top 3 are screen prints part of the series Light Describing a Room in Four Parts; bottom 2 are light installations

~ Bonnie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments: