Wednesday, May 29, 2013

wallpaper patterns by flavor paper

I remember vividly walking past Flavor Paper, a wallpaper printing & design studio located in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, for the first time.  It was probably in 2010, and I was just finishing my masters degree in Printmaking.  Given my love of printing, it is no wonder that I was mesmerized by their massive screen-printing tables, with screens bigger than my kitchen table.

Ever since, I have kept an eye on their mix of cutting edge and classic designs.  Specifically, the patterns by Dan Funderburgh are particularly brilliant, as he combines urban imagery with traditional wallpaper motifs.
Here are some of my favorites.  



Patterns (top to bottom, left to right): Fruits of Design by Dan Funderburgh, Kabloom by Flavor Paper, Vigilant Foral by Dan Funderburgh, City Park by Dan Funderburgh, Fishnet by Jon Sherman, & Vivid Victorian by Heather Ujiie

Images via Flavor Paper

~ Bonnie